Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 235 of College: My Heart Won't Go On

Today...


I am still emotionally unstable. Why am I emotionally unstable, you ask? Well, the answer to that question is simple. And that answer is Titanic. 


As of yesterday, I was probably one of the, like, six people on earth who had never seen Titanic (the movie...not the boat). I dunno. It had just never come up. 


So, my friends all went to see Titanic (again, the movie not the boat) in 3D. I went along because when someone tells me to do something, I usually do it, emotional consequences aside. 


So...I watched Titanic. 


Oh my God. 


Why did no one tell me HOW SAD IT IS??? 


I seriously wept openly for the last half-hour. And then, finally, when it was over, I just sat in my seat crying. I took my 3D glasses off and I had makeup, like, all down my face. I tried to hide my sadness behind a popcorn bucket, but people saw me. 


All my friends laughed. 


The movie theater noticed their laughter and the whole movie theater looked back and THEY LAUGHED TOO. 


It was terrible. 


I had makeup all over my face and I was just blubbering about how awful it was that the Titanic (the boat...not the movie) sunk and everybody died. I was NOT OKAY. 


I had to go home and hug my dad. 


I cried the whole drive home and then at a bonfire my friends had and then later in the shower. Why? Why did that movie have to be so SAD?  


I'm still very delicate, emotionally speaking. Weird things keep setting me off. I cried this morning while eating waffles. I cried while shopping at Kohls. I even cried while putting on my makeup this morning (eventually I just gave up). 


I just hate everything right now. 


My god...why do people watch Titanic (the movie...not the boat)? I don't understand. 


And...okay. I'm crying again. I need to go listen to my "Sad Songs" playlist, which now includes "My heart will go on" in addition to "I can't make you love me." 


Basically, it's just those two songs. Over and over and over. 


Okay. 


Danielle OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment