Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 253 of College: Backpacking for Beginners

Today...


Today was stupid. It was just a series of events that were straight-up ridiculous. 


It started in the morning. I woke up, went to my first class and took a test. That was all fine. But, after that, I had to sign up for classes. 


What you have to understand about college classes is that getting registered in the classes you actually want to take is rather challenging. 


And stupid. 


I had a time slot when I was allowed to sign up. That time slot happened to be during my anthropology class. I tried to be all sneaky-like and sign up for classes instead of listening to the lecture. 


Except that my computer is a tool and didn't seem to feel like letting me sign up for classes. After some loud sighs and furious clicking, I just walked out. People stared. 


I really wanted to get into a walking class, you see. Ball State students have to take a physical education requirement. I was determined that mine be walking. Not running, not jogging...walking. 


I'd take crawling if they offered it. 


Anyhow, I went to the library and found a computer that worked. The working computer informed me that no, I couldn't sign up for classes because I owed five dollars to the university. 


Really, Ball State? The small fortune you've already stolen from me wasn't enough? You need five more dollars? Okay then. 


But, wait...you don't take credit cards? 


I had to backpack-run back to my dorm and find my emergency money so I could pay a five dollar fine and sign up for walking. 


I make fun of the kids who backpack-run (that's running...when you have a backpack on). They look incredibly stupid. 


I had to backpack-run across campus. Twice. 


Who looks stupid now? ... Yeah. It's this girl. 


So...that was my day. 


Also, I'm pretty positive I'm going to fail my economics class. 


I got an A on the first test so I was all "Oh yeah, I got this. No more paying attention in lectures for me. I'm an economic genius!!!" 


That was a false statement. I am no economics genius. The first test was just easy. So now I have to learn a whole semester's worth of economics before the final next week. 


I'm gonna need a bigger dorm room. 


Oh! And speaking of dorm rooms...I have a single next year! Huzzah! I will never have to talk to anyone ever again! Agoraphobia!!! 


But not really. I'm assuming someone will try to talk to me in walking class. I did, in fact, get in. 


And who wouldn't want to socialize with me and also walk? 


It's a win-win-win-win-win-win. Win. 


Danielle OUT. 


...win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment