Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 246 of College: Haikus and Momentus Occasions

Today...


Happy 50th, people! 50th blog post, that is! This is the part where people usually thank their fans and whatnot. I will not be doing that. I think we all know that I would still write these whether people read them or not. 


In honor of this momentus day, a haiku: 


Who would have thought
Writing about depression
Could make you happy

And because that was fun, a second haiku:


Fifty is a number
Fifty blogs I have written
My life is the worst


Oh, poetry. You bring me so much undeserved joy. 


Anyway, back to the 50th blog festivities! 


I've been having an oddly southern day. You're probably asking your computer screen, "But Danielle, what is a 'southern day?' Oh please enlighten us, great and very attractive one!!" 


Firstly, thank you. I am very attractive. 


Secondly, a southern day is a day when my inner-monologue sounds like it's from Louisiana. Seriously...it's weird and I don't know where it's coming from. 


But, let's take a look at a paper I wrote for english today. The teacher said 'participation points' and I got freaking excited. Whenever participation is a criteria, I turn into one sarcastic little bi-otch. Also, my southern-ness managed to creep in there. 


Just...for example, here's a bit of my paper: 


      " ...Woe is me! What am I supposed to write about now? Drinking ice tea and headin on down to the bayou? Is that what you want? Fricken fine then. I'll go down to the bayou and fish for some catfish and we'll all be happy dandy won't we?" 

Keep in mind...that's beginning of the fourth paragraph. The finished paper had twelve paragraphs. I won't read them for you.

The last few were oddly emotional. 

Anyway. I have t-minus 17 days until I'm out of here! Woo! Then I get to work...every day...for eight hours...

I rescind my woo. 

Moving on...I'm already dreading my 8am math class and it's only three in the afternoon. I just hate it so much. It's so boring. 

I do lots of stuff in that class. Let's make a list, shall we? It's the 50th blog! We've already used italics...let's get crazy!

Things Danielle Does in Math Class

  1. Draws stick figures
  2. Stares distractedly at the (broken) clock
  3. Contemplates the meaning of life
  4. Writes "Math is the worst" all over notebooks, folders, binder, ect.
  5. Draws sharks all over the desk. In pen. 
  6. Throws erasers at the hipster kid
  7. Not listen
  8. Any conceivable thing that isn't math
So, there's that. And speaking of things you should do but really haven't...have you liked me on Facebook? You haven't? Not ready for out relationship to be FBO yet? (P.S. FBO means facebook official. Google it, bitch.) Well as a proud southern woman...never mind. 

Just, like me. Do that. Also, leave me comments. They make me happy. Also, I am staggeringly needy. We know this. This has been established. So like me on Facebook and leave me comments. And then I will be so happy I may never write a depressing blog again! 

But I totally will. 

Happy 50th, people!!!

Danielle OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment