Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 113 of College: Here's to an (Un)Happy Finals Week and an Ironic New Year

Today...


Finals week is nearly here, folks. You know what that means. A serious increase in the number of blogs I will be posting because I am avoiding the responsibility of studying for said finals. 


I hate finals. 


I hate school. 


I hate work in general. 


But, in other news, it being almost finals weeks also means that it is almost the end of the first semester! Woo! I'll be done with 1/8th of my college education!


...And I'm still single. We gotta step it up a few notches college. (I dunno...maybe it's my own fault for choosing to go to a college with really good arts, theatre, teaching and journalism programs. Those are subjects dominated by girls and gay boys. And don't get me wrong, I love gay boys. But...gay boys rarely love me back.) 


Anyway. 


Did I tell everyone that I applied to and got into Purdue last semester? I didn't? Well, I did. 


Mostly it was because I was stressed, hated my major, and had no friends and was depressed because I had no friends. Also, because of high female/gay boy population here. But...I digress. That happened. I thought I should inform the general population that, despite popular belief, I AM smart enough to get into a college that isn't Ball State. 


I'm not transferring because I can't afford it and because I've gotten used to my lonely little routines, but...still. 


I got in. To Purdue. Granted, it was their liberal arts program (yes, they have one). So...maybe it isn't that big of an achievement. Huh. 


Whatever. It's a point of pride at this point. 


What the hell does liberal arts even mean? Seriously...does anyone know? 


So, happy week-and-a-half until the end of first semester. Also, 19 days to Christmas. So, happy Christmas. And, jolly Hanukkah and merry Kwanza and neutral non-celebratory day to the Jehova's witnesses. And whatever to all you atheists out there. 


 Also, merry irony to the hipsters. I hope you get all the flannel shirts, pabst blue ribbon, and terrible sweaters that you deserve. 


...I hate you, hipsters. 


So much. 


So, so much. 


Danielle Out. 


PS. Seriously, hipsters. SO MUCH. 

1 comment:

  1. Paul - Past Radio ApprenticeDecember 7, 2011 at 12:36 PM

    But Danielle, if you go to Purdue, then we could be the best of college friends! Think of the crazy hijinks we might get up to!

    ReplyDelete