Sunday, November 1, 2015

Way-Stressing

So I bet you all have been intently curious about what I've been up to lately. That or you all forgot I exist.

If that's the case...then that's fair. I haven't posted in forever. It's just that I haven't really been doing anything note- ah, er-blog-worthy of late.

There's only so many times you can say "I didn't get the job" before that shit gets boring as well as depressing.

No, but I've interviewed and been turned down at a whole host of interesting places since graduation! Grocery stores, student loan collectors, 911 operators, two separate Starbucks, an Autism treatment center...and that is literally less than half the list.

I am not good at interviews.

I have a tendency to ramble and sometimes hit interviewers in the face with my over-enthusiastic hand-gestures. My life. Is. A. Struggle.

But, yeah. Since graduating, I've been chilling on my parents' couch like a stereotypical millennial and occasionally tutoring kids my dad sends my way.

I'm currently helping out two Japanese kids despite the fact that I speak no Japanese.

So...yeah. Been keeping busy. 

But two weeks ago, I finally gained employment of a more normal variety. I am now...drumroll pleeeease...employed! 

Yay!


Guess what it is guys, guess. 

Oh...you saw the title. 


And looked at my facebook.


Yeah. 


I'm waitressing. 


 So, like...it's not exactly meaningful work...but still! Work! Money! Leaving my home on occasion!


All good things!

I am actually the worst fit ever for my job. It involves knowing about sports, knowing about beer, knowing about spicy food and talking to strangers.

So

Yeah.

I fit in real well

And yes, there have been challenges. Understanding social cues has never been a strong point of mine and I now have to do that for hours at a time with no breaks. 


Making eye-contact is also a thing that I normally avoid that is now required. 


Also pretending that beer isn't gross. I have to do that and I feel so dishonest. 


But, anyway, now we come to the thing I like about waitressing...


The money that is now in my possession. 

Seriously. Waitressing is awesome so far as that goes. I've only been doing it sans-trainer for two days and I've made like 300 bucks.

I have enough money to buy a PS4. I have not been this happy since I graduated college. 


Literally all I am doing is bringing people food and now I have all of this money in my possesion. 


Do I have have health insurance? Probably not.


Do I have a place to stay that doesn't involve my parents? No. 


Have I found a way to use my sociology degree? Hahaha, no I have not. 


Do I have a five-year plan? Absolutely not!  


But what I do have is enough money to buy a PS4 and the potential to make enough money to buy several more PS4s. A whole fleet of PS4s. So. Many. PS4s. 


But, legit. I'll probably go back to school eventually or something, but for now...


I gonna continue to pretend to like beer and play lots of fun games of my shiny new PS4. 


No comments:

Post a Comment