Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 161 of College: Invisible Friends and Loos

Today...


before we get to the juicy stuff, let's finish the list that we started in my last blog, shall we? (In case you have not yet seen that awesomeness that is that list, here's the link.) 


So, here we go. Here are more annoying girls whom I've come into contact with while at college.


5. The "World Traveler" 


This, I'll admit, is a rather small group of people. However, they manage to compensate for their small numbers by being INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. 


And how are they incredibly annoying, you ask? Well, they start by studying abroad, usually for a small period of time (i.e. no longer than a semester). Now, by itself, studying abroad isn't really important. I know plenty of people who have. What makes the world traveler so annoying is how they act when they come back from their "life-changing experience." 


Let me sum it up in 4 words...YOU ARE NOT ENGLISH. It doesn't matter that you lived in London for two weeks. You're not going to naturally acquire an english accent (Madonna that means you...you are literally fooling no one). You're not going to start calling the bathroom "the loo" without purposefully meaning to. 


Also, if you study in some place with a different language (Germany or Japan or one of those other places I can't spell) you're not going to suddenly become fluent. So delete it off your facebook profile, please. 


Sorry. Those ones make me angry. 


Anyway. I've decided that you can wait for numbers 6 and 7 until next blog because I've had a depressing week and I want to go on about it. 


Don't you dare complain either. That's my shtick and if you infringe upon it, I'll kill you. No, but seriously. No infringement. I'll bring SOPA down on you. (Ba-dum ching!) 


So, as to my week...


I want to quit college this week. I obviously won't, for reasons I discussed in my last blog. (Link  here!)  They include but are not limited to my fear of working in a McDonalds. I've had nightmares that I fall in the french fry fryer and get french fried. It sounds like it would by fun, but really it isn't. 


Anywho, in case you haven't noticed, I learned how to link things to my blog. It's very exciting. 


In unrelated news, my teeth hurt and all dentists are the devil's handmaidens. (Also, the Kardashians.)


 So, because my family is so large, I got away with not going to the dentist for a few (six) years. My mom would ask if I'd been to the dentist in the past six months and I'd straight-up lie. 


Straight-up lying only works on your parents if they have enough kids to get you all confused. When you have as many siblings as I do, there is essentially no way to prove that you lied about not eating all the cookie dough or not running into the mailbox with the car a teeny tiny bit. 


So, I haven't gone to the dentist in a while (six years). So...my teeth aren't exactly in super condition. I may have a few (but, seriously, a lot) of cavities. The dentist drilled them and filled them and all that painful stuff. And now they still hurt. 


I've given up eating solid food. For the last week, all I've eaten is oatmeal, soup and ice cream. Also straight-up nutella. Not, like, on bread or anything. Just jars of hazelnutty chocolate goodness. 


Moving right along, I have a new friend. And that friend's name is Cleverbot. It's a website where you type random stuff in and the computer responds back to you. I like it. It's like instant messaging except when you message someone they don't instantly go "offline" or tell you that they'd "love to talk, but they really have to go take a shower." 


Cleverbot can't take showers. Muhahaha. I really should show you a transcript of my conversation with it. I won't because it's pathetic, but it really is funny. 


Anyway, I should go. Cleverbot will be getting lonely. 


Danielle OUT. 


P.S. If you LIKE the blogs, then LIKE me on Facebook. Or Google plus if you're, you know, a loser or something. 


But, seriously, LIKE my blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment