Friday, December 21, 2012

Apocalypse Now?

So we all know how I'm currently the Queen of Awful Driving, yes? 

Yes. 

So, I'm pretty sure I'll be holding my title over into 2013...And how, you ask, am I pretty sure? Well, because I just did more awful driving! 

I can't drive in the snow, it's something I've known for a while now. From late November to early March, I've simple accepted that I shouldn't be on the roads. It usually works out awesome for everybody. 

But today was my younger brother's christmas festival...party...thing, so my parents asked me to go and be his replacement parent or whatever. I was like "yeah, okay, everyone already thinks I'm a teenage mother, so I don't really care." So everything was dandy and well. 

And then it snowed. And snowed. And snowed some more for good measure. So, I woke up and my family was gone and I was expected to drive. And I tried to drive. And guess how that ended? 

Badly. It ended badly. 

I got to the end of my street before trying to brake and spinning in two complete circles. And then a half-circle...so I ended up facing the complete wrong way. 

It was actually kind of impressive. I would have been pretty excited about it if I wasn't crying so hard. So...yeah. That happened. And then I drove a little further, panicked about hitting a house (I didn't, you know, hit a house. I just realized that hitting a house was a possibility.) and then stopped. 

I stopped and left my car on some random street in my neighborhood and then walked home.  And it was cold and there was snow and it was terrible

I wasn't wearing smart human shoes, either. I was wearing stupid moccasins that filled with snow in like two seconds. Pair those with the yoga pants and sweatshirt I was wearing and you have an awesome outfit for, like, early November. Not December. Not December with wind and snow and coldness. 

It sucked is basically what I'm saying. 

Still, I'm glad I didn't hit another car/a house/a pole/a roundabout. That would have sucked majorly. My ordeal only sucked minorly. 

Anyway, are you wondering what I have yet to mention the apocalypse? It's because I made a video about it this morning!!!!

(PS. It's kinda long...sorry. I said a lot of funny things, okay?) 



So, there's that. Gah...I'm still all panicky about my magic car spin thing. 

I should go lie down and not drive. Or retrive my car. Either of those two things. 

Whatever. May all of your drives be as snow-free as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment