Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day Sixty-Nine of College: This Weekend was a Sugar/Sims High

Today...


I did pretty much nothing. I'm not kidding. The only reason that I left my dorm was to get food. And then I came back to my dorm to eat that food. And that was about how I spent my weekend.


 Yes, of course I had homework. No, I didn't finish any of it. Homework doesn't really feel like homework when you live at the place where you go to school. Just sayin. It's weird. I can't make myself do homework unless I'm in the library. So, for me it's less homework and more librarywork. Again. Just sayin. 


One of the few things that I did do this weekend was find my long-lost copy of the Sims 3. I played a lot of the Sims 3. Is it weird to make Sims of people you don't like and them trap them in the pool without a ladder? It is? SHUT UP YOU! YOU'RE THE SOCIOPATH, YOU HEAR ME? YOU'RE THE SOCIOPATH! 


Yup. 


Playing the Sims is seriously not at all entertaining and yet...I spent a good eleven or twelve hours playing it this weekend. Not kidding. I had Sims who were born and died under my lengthy twelve-hour-regin. Seriously. AND IT WASN'T EVEN FUN. 


...i'm not crazy. Well, maybe just a tad bit...but it's the lovable kind of crazy, not the burn down your houses kind of crazy. 


Also, I have a new career path in mind. I want to be the host of a show on the Food Network. I'm serious. I know that I can't cook, like, anything, but I spent a lot of my Sim-playing-time also watching the Food Network.  The Food Network is weirdly addictive. I watched five episodes of Sweet Genius. IN A ROW. 


You can't pretend that sort of behavior is normal. 


Then again, I was really hungry and I didn't want to have to get up to go get food. Or change the channel. Also, I was kind of enjoying Sweet Genius. When I eventually did go to get food, the only things I wanted were very sugary cereals, caramel apple flavored lollipops and anything else with a high sugar content. 


I'm on a two-day sugar high. 


I would go do my homework...but I can't concentrate on anything for longer than, like...


You get the idea. 


I need to get a new harmonica, wouldn't you agree?


Danielle Out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment