Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 197 of College: Leap Day is Stupid

Today...


This is my first blog in a while, isn't it? I would apologize, but admitting I'm wrong about things isn't really in my wheelhouse. 


Neither is photography, swing dancing, yoga or broadsword fighting. 


But, anyhow, there is a reason, two reasons in fact, behind my two week hiatus. 


This month has been straight-up weird. That's the first reason. I could just stop there because February is basically the worst. Everyone understands that. 


But the other reason, a much more serious one, is writer's block. 


Now, as a rule, I have always scorned those who pled "writer's block" as a reason that they aren't writing. In my honest opinion, "writer's block" is for wimps. 


But still, I have been suffering from a hard core case of all-around, all-the-time writer's block. A lot of it is due to the fact that I have been composing an 8-12 (so really, 7 and a half) page research paper. When I have to write for school...the writing-related joy goes out of me and I'm as limp and as sad as a impotent jellyfish. 


...that got a bit racy. I apologize. 


But, anyhow, my aforementioned research paper is about "internet addiction." I know. Shut up. It's a stupid topic. 


(As a side note, I was originally writing a paper called "Liars, Tramps and Brothels, Ho My!: How Prostitution Shaped Modern America" and I was having a really good time with it. My professor...not so much.) 


But now I'm stuck writing a dumb ole paper on how people are addicted, not to drugs, not to alcohol, but to online shopping/gambling/things-that-relate-to-prostitution. (See, I'm getting my whores in there.)


But, I hate this stupid research paper. It's slowly draining the life out of me. Rather like Stephanie Meyer slowly drains the life out of people unfortunate enough to stumble upon her series of vampire books. 


Yeah for analogies!


In other news, I accidentally wore a see-through shirt today. And because it's warm, I don't have a jacket. I just have a shirt. That everyone can see through. And a lime-green bra. 


Isn't it awesome to not be me? 


I'm sure it is. You get to have opaque shirts, no writer's block and non-stupid research topics. 


Also, happy Leap Day. Does Leap Day count as a holiday? If it does, I need to call my family and argue with them. Cause...that's what we do on holidays. 


Leap Day is stupid. So is February. I'm SO GLAD it's over. 


Danielle OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment