Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 174 of College: F is for Football

Today...


Woe is me and all that. Eight days til the worst day of the year. Meh. 


Five days until my birthday. 19 isn't an exciting birthday, though. I can't drink or rent a car yet, so...there's two of my goals that will have to wait a bit longer to be fulfilled. 

So, I've been playing eenie meenie miney major again. I'm on Criminal Justice right now. Seriously, how much more awesome would the world be if I had a gun? Or at least my own Enforcer. 


That'll probably change in  a week though. I'll keep you posted. 


So, the superbowl was in Indianapolis this year. Apparently, they can do that even though our football team wasn't playing. I don't understand. 


It's okay, I'm a girl. Girls don't have to understand sports-related-things. Yeah for gender-based stereotypes! 


But, anyway, every single person in Indiana made a point to visit Indy and participate in this whole "oh yeah, football totally matters and is important," delusion that was sweeping through our lovely state's capitol. 


Except, of course, me. 


Even my family went! Seriously. And, as per usual, they didn't bother informing me. It's just like when they go on vacation and leave me home "totally not on accident, Danielle. We love you just as much as our small army of other kids." 


I'm so alone. And single. And alone. 


Moving on. Back to the Superbowl and all that. There were famous people in Indy. I should have been there! I'm a famous person! I was Jan in Grease in my senior year of high school! 


My refusal to let go of high school aside, I'm very upset that I didn't understand what a big deal the Superbowl actually was. I mean, when you look at it from my perspective...it's a football game. I didn't really comprehend that famous people would, you know, care


Maybe my inability to understand the complex and delicate inner-workings of football games and their importance to society is why I'm soon to be 19 years single. 


Though, I think my abrasive personality, oddly short thumbs and incessant complaining might have something to do with it. 


...Nah. It's probably the football thing. 


Danielle OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment