Saturday, July 30, 2011

18 Days until College: Imaginary Reptiles

Today...


My family returned from camping. My family often leaves me at home while they take various fun trips, such as yesterday's camping trip, three-weeks-ago's camping trip, spring break's Great Wolf Lodge trip, last fall break's...well, you get the picture. Oftentimes, I'll wake up and go upstairs from my basement to find a note that says something like: 


Danielle-


We are going on a fun trip to <insert fun place here> and we assumed that you did not want to come with us. Also, we took your car, so no going anywhere. And, we don't really care that you're going to have to walk to work late at night because we took your car. So, have a fun week! 


Love, Your Family


P.S. We left you no money and no food either, so you're probably going to have to walk to the grocery store and spend your own money if you get hungry. 


     So...that's my family. Yes, I know being at home with no parents is supposed to be all fun and stuff and I'm supposed to throw parties and whatever...but, I have no friends. So, no parties. Well, my turtle and I played some board games last night (I won) and had a race (he won) and then ate some canned soup because that was all that was left in the entire stupid house. 
    Do you cook canned soup? I don't. Seriously, it's like a waste of two-and-a-half minutes that could be spent doing many more interesting things. Like playing board games with a turtle. Anyway, cooking soup is recommended...not required. So, no harm done to me or my soup. 


I need to find friends who are not imaginary or reptiles. Or imaginary reptiles. 


      Anyway.
So...I've been sleeping on my couch ever since my futon broke. My back kind of hurts. Granted, my futon was from Walmart, so it's not like it was a particularly high-quality piece of sleeping equipment...but, still. This whole no-bed decision that I made when I bought the stupid futon may not have been my best decision. 
       Sleeping on a bed at college is going to be super weird. 
I'm going to go and have a nice conversation with Julio the Imaginary Gecko. Yep. 


Danielle OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment